Friday, September 02, 2005

Here comes september...

It's the start of a new season, and for some reason, it seems to be all going well for me. I'm starting to feel happier, my cold is going away, holidays are around the corner, and I'm going well (I hope) in school!
It has also been a time of learning for me, as I've been learning alot about activisim. It's amazing how people get together to take down "the man", using non-violent and inventive ways of protest. It just goes to show that anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
Anyway, on the subject of activivm, today we learned about communisim and capalism in MIPS (A class where we talk about our future and we study our chosen professions that we want to do when we leave school). I think our teacher was tiered, and seeing as he's a history teacher, he decided to kill birds with one stone and teach us some history.
We watched a satire about communisim called Animal Farm. It was pretty good, despite the fact that most people in the class, except me, were too busy talking or just playing around to care about the message it gave, or to pay attention to it at all.
So, here comes september. I'm ready to take it on, head first.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Watched Animal Farm! Read it you lazy bum! It's really quite a short book but our Adv. English class read it so as to analyse satire.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Some animals are more equal than others,
No animal may kill another animal (Without Reason),
Four Legs good, two legs better.

Look Familiar?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home