Saturday, July 23, 2005

Not real

The other day when I asked my writing and publishing teacher if I could submit my blog as my journal (we have to write a person journal, which the teacher makes us write, despite the fact he refuses to read it), he said no, citing the fact that blogs are'nt real journals.
Acording to him, can't be classed as real journals because you feel that you can't write what you trully feel, as it's a public medium (meaning that anybody can see it). Some pepole say that's wrong, because you can go into real detail without giving away your idenity (although in my opinion it does kinda defeat the purpose of having a journal).
I don't know.... Maybe I'll be able to convince him and be able to count my blog as part of my journal work.

P.S This is my tenth post! let's all jump for joy!

5 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Corey said...

Come pepole, comment for god's sake!

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs are so Journals! Or at least, mine is!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he does have a point though corey.... if my parents knew where to find my blog i wouldnt post half the stuff i do.... and i already leave out minor details because nadine is always watching.... waiting... :O, a real journal should be between you and the book a place were your thourghts are kept safe for you to refer to later on in life. but like brendan said... some people still treat their blog as a jornal

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Corey said...

I guess your both right..... But it still won't stop me convincing my teacher to accept it as a piece of work! I'll just print the blog out instead!

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same, adam. My mum found it once and thank goodness I hadn't bagged her out in that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home